You can rest assured that you will be in safe hands with Asheville Fly Fishing Company. Our team has the highest level of Swift Water Rescue and River Rescuecertification in addition to the minimum required CPR / First Aid certification.
- ACA - Level IV Swift Water Rescue Certified
- Rescue 3 International - Level III River Rescue Certified
- Adult, Child, Baby First Aid / CPR / AED Certified
Here's a few highlights of what is required of us with these certifications:
- Swimming in 40-50 degree water for extended periods.
- Swimming class III whitewater rapids
- Swimming/ Rescue wearing boots & waders
- Hydrology and Hazards
- Technical equipment
- Trip Planning
- Risk prevention and assessment
- Rescue techniques using throw-bags, zip-lines and roping systems
- Knots and anchor systems
- Flipped, wrapped and pinned boat rescue.
Here's what Swift Water Rescue education looks like...
A big fishy thanks to the fine folks at Dun Magazine. We love them and Dun magazine. The magazine is available online and in print for your enjoyment.
It was fun answering their questions and that is what its all about! Thanks for keeping it fun! Check out the feature and this great fishing magazine by clicking the following link.
70 degrees and Fall is in the air! The fish are happy and hungry and flying out of the water. The leaves are already changing here in Asheville. The #Trout and #Smallmouthbass fishing is REALLY good right now and we are loving it. Here's a handful of highlights from the last week of guided trips... #wataugariver #southholstonriver #flyfishingasheville
Make your reservation now for fall season. BOOK A TRIP: (828) 779-9008
Happy 4th of July! We are looking forward to watermelon, fireworks, homemade peach ice cream and good days on the water. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
The Climate Listening Project (CLP) documents stories from everyday folks—from farmers to business leaders to outdoor enthusiasts—and encourages communities to share their experiences of climate disruption.